I am a partner in the employment team.
My team works with employers and employees across a range of sectors.
I am also a legal commentator and author, writing for various publications including The Independent and City AM. I love writing and relish the opportunity of explaining topical issues in ways that make sense. I have the same relaxed and approachable style with clients.
I handle all aspects of employment law including litigation in the Employment Tribunal and other courts.
Work and clients
I advise organisations on a wide range of HR matters including grievance and disciplinary procedures, redundancy situations, restrictive covenants and TUPE. I also act for individuals, and have advised numerous senior employees and directors on their compensation packages. I regularly advise executives in the financial sector on their settlement agreements.
Why do clients engage us?
Our clients come to us because we offer an excellent service at great value. How? We don’t have the overheads of the larger firms but have all the experience and knowledge.
I have been an employment lawyer for many years. Previously to Gannons, I spent over 6 years at a niche employment law firm in the City.
- Employment Lawyers Association
Why I love my job
Taking the stuffiness out of the law is hugely satisfying.
Matt on Sky TV
Matt Gingell explains whether Deliveroo riders are self-employed or workers on Sky TV
Recently Published Articles
Matt’s articles are widely read: Click image to read article.
And slightly older articles:
- Independent: Should private emails be private in the corporate world?
- Independent: Is your brand and reputation under threat?
- Independent: LinkedIn, but what about LinkedOut?
- Personnel Today: Accommodating employees religious beliefs – should employers follow M&S’s example?
- eFinancial News: Gardening all year round.
- Independent: Fiddling your expenses can be a costly mistake.
- City AM: City AM: An employment lawyer offers advice on where there is space to bargain
- City AM: City AM: Redundant need not mean obsolete if managed calmly
020 7438 1060 or email