Tier 2 visa UK work permit

How can we help you?

Tier 2 visa UK work permit

A Tier 2 visa allows people to work in the UK.  It is a work permit, that can allow long-term employment.

It also allows applicants to bring their spouse/partner and children aged under 18 to the UK. We help the whole family.

Tier 2 visa application support services:

Tier 2 UK visa eligibility assessment

If you hold a qualifying visa you can apply for a Tier 2 visa from inside the UK. If you do not hold a current visa, then you must apply from outside the UK.

Tier 2 visas cover the following job categories.

  • Tier 2 General: which covers any job;
  • Tier 2 Sportsperson;
  • Tier 2 Intra company transfer; or
  • Tier 2 Minister of religion.

Each Tier 2 visa category requires foreign nationals to satisfy different requirements.  Many clients use us to assess their eligibility under the points-based system.

Our consultations start at £500.00 plus VAT.  Either we can meet, or assess your eligibility by phone. At the end of the meeting, we’ll tell you if or how you can satisfy the requirements.

Tier 2 visa application process

The Tier 2 visa application form is lengthy and complex. It requires specific supporting documents. It may require your biometric data.

Your future employer provides  the Certificate of Sponsorship, COS, reference number, which you must include on the application form.

We can either assist you or complete the whole process for you. We maintain contact with the relevant authority, and respond to their additional questions.

Tier 2 priority service

You can get a decision from the Home Office within 10 working days, if you are:

  • Already in the UK, and
  • Extending a Tier 2 visa; or
  • Switching to Tier 2 visa;

However, this service only accepts 60 requests each day. We often undertake this for clients.

Duration of initial term

Usually a successful Tier 2 General visa application grants you a three year permit. However, your future employer can apply for a 5 year Certificate of Sponsorship.

Visa extension application

You can probably extend your Tier 2 visa. You’ll increase your chances if you submit the application:

  • From inside the UK;
  • Before your current Tier 2 visa expires.

You can include dependants in your extension application. You can also add dependents who turned 18 during your stay.

You can apply to extend your visa for another 5 years, if your total stay is under 6 years. The Home Office might grant an extension if you:

  • Continue to meet the requirements;
  • Work for the same employer;
  • Hold the same position within the company.

Indefinite leave to remain

You can apply for indefinite leave to remain after 5 years. Currently, the minimum salary requirement is £35,000, which will probably increase. Whether or not you must earn this minimum salary depends on when the Home Office granted your Tier 2 visa.

If you do not meet the minimum salary requirement, you might not obtain indefinite leave to remain.  You can then re-apply after a 12 month cooling off period.  In some circumstances the minimum salary requirement and cooling-off period do not apply.

It can be possible to obtain indefinite leave to remain in 5 years if:

  • You combine certain other visa categories;
  • Your latest visa is Tier 2.