Tax and corporate solicitor
We have a job vacancy for a tax and company solicitor to join our growing team. Years of qualification are far less important to us than finding the right person. We will train someone with solid private company law experience who is looking to add a tax specialism or train a tax solicitor looking to broaden their experience.
We offer you the opportunity to work in a firm that is modern and progressive. There is the chance to become a leader in your field.
The types of work you would undertake
- Implementing employee incentives such as EMI options, growth shares and gifts of shares in private companies – dealing with design, drafting and tax reporting and tax payment.
- Dealing with companies seeking to qualify for SEIS or EIS.
- Tax issues arising on re-organisations, de-mergers, share buy backs and share exchanges. Planning the structure, drafting the documentation and dealing with HMRC clearance.
- Providing tax support for corporate transactions acting for buyers and sellers.
- Property tax including stamp duty land tax.
- Dealing with employment related securities.
Expanding the existing offering in wider tax areas such as tax disputes and HMRC investigations. Preparing cases for the Tax Tribunal.
Are you this person?
We are looking for some basic characteristics such as:
- Confident and not afraid of new challenges.
- Technical acumen and a nose for the commercial issues.
- Solid experience as a tax or company commercial solicitor working with private companies, shareholders and investors.
- Not in need of the comfort or status of a large firm.
- Very IT literate.
Why work with us?
- The firm is successful. We are growing at around 20% per annum. In the current market that is an incredible achievement.
- Our story is compelling.
- We are a paperless office heavily invested in latest technology to eradicate as much admin as possible.
- We run quarterly tax updates provided by external professional course providers.
Salary and perks
The salary is competitive as we want the best. You will be paid based upon earning ability and we are fair with robust metrics in place. We offer a pension, discretionary bonuses, generous holiday and flexible working. The role is full time. We would prefer to engage on an employed basis but will consider consultancy arrangements.
What is there not to like?
Please send your CV and a covering letter outlining what you bring to the party to Julie Greenwood – email@example.com.
No Agencies please