We are looking for an tax specialist solicitor to deal with tax issues arising under transactions our corporate team handles. You need to have the gravitas to convert new clients and build the relationship or show us that you have the potential. We will train a solicitor with solid commercial experience who is looking to add a tax specialism.
There is the chance to make a name for yourself. Very few niche firms of our size offer tax making it a rich market for someone who can see the angles is rich. We are looking for someone who can help us to develop new areas.
The types of work you would undertake
- Implementing employee incentives such as EMI options, growth shares and gifts of shares in private companies – dealing with design, drafting and tax reporting and tax payment.
- Dealing with companies seeking to qualify for SEIS or EIS.
- Tax issues arising on re-organisations, de-mergers, share buy backs and share exchanges. Planning the structure, drafting the documentation and dealing with HMRC clearance.
- Providing tax support for corporate transactions acting for buyers and sellers.
- Property tax including stamp duty land tax.
- Dealing with employment related securities.
- Expanding the existing offering in wider tax areas such as tax disputes and HMRC investigations. Preparing cases for the Tax Tribunal.
Are you this person?
We are looking for some basic characteristics such as:
- Confident and not afraid of new challenges.
- Technical acumen and a nose for the commercial issues.
- Solid experience as a tax or company commercial solicitor working with private companies, shareholders and investors.
- Not in need of the comfort or status of a large firm.
- Very IT literate.
Why work with us?
- The firm is successful. We are growing at around 20% per annum. In the current market that is an incredible achievement.
- Our story is compelling.
- We are a paperless office heavily invested in latest technology to eradicate as much admin as possible.
- We run quarterly tax updates provided by external professional course providers.
Salary and perks
The salary is competitive as we want the best. You will be paid based upon earning ability and we are fair with robust metrics in place. We offer a pension, discretionary bonuses, generous holiday and flexible working. The role is full time.