The low down
The perfect person will be a solicitor with experience in commercial contract law and an interest in growing their own team. Business models are developing at a pace bringing new requirements for legal support. The role is newly created to respond to increased demand for commercial work. A client following would be advantageous. The role is full time and based at our London office with flexible working.
You need to have the ability to deliver to tight budgets and communicate the value add for clients. Many of our businesses are young start ups – usually looking for someone who acts as their in-house counsel to guide them through a very wide range of commercial questions. Its solutions not advice that is needed.
A brief outline of the job includes:
- Reviewing and drafting commercial agreements with focus on emerging trends such as commercial contracts for trading platforms, subscription models, and new ways of trading on-line.
- Building the specialism around GDPR and its application to commercial contracts.
- Data theft including breach of confidential information, misuse of intellectual property and personal data.
- Contentious and non-contentious intellectual property work.
- Cease and desist work.
- Development agreements for apps, software, joint ventures and other collaboration.
- Salary depends upon experience.
- Bonus based on chargeable hours and overall contribution to the firm.
- 5% non-contributory pension.
- 24 days holiday plus bank holiday.
Apply for this role
Please send your CV and a covering letter outlining what you bring to the party. No Agencies please.