Annual employment law update
5-11 Theobalds Road
Date(s) - 25/04/2019
8:30 am - 10:00 am
Employment law update – a practical guide to recent and upcoming changes 2019
If you are an employer or own an SME this seminar is of interest. Gannons will take a practical look at recent and upcoming developments in employing staff.
- Employee competition – recent cases have had a serious impact on non-compete covenants, making them completely unenforceable in many cases. Are yours affected and if so, what can you do about it?
- An update on the Taxation of termination payments.
- No Oral Modification clauses – many employment (and other) contracts contain a term saying that changes that are not in writing are invalid. These were always thought to be ineffective – but the Supreme Court has just changed the law. Do your contracts have this clause? If so, what is the effect? If not, should they?
- The new Trade Secrets Regulations are going to affect the law on confidentiality and trade secrets. We will look at how they may affect you.
- Garden leave – when an employee resigns you might want them not working but also not available for the competition – the solution is garden leave. But can you compel an employee to go on garden leave, even if it is in the contract? If they walk out, can you enforce it by an injunction?
How to book
This is a free event but is always over subscribed. Please contact by email Julie Greenwood to check availability : firstname.lastname@example.org