Our service is to complete the deal on the best terms achievable. We work to your time-frame and have the resources to respond quickly. Legal expertise is taken as read. But we also offer specialist skills in tax structuring and undisputable experience gained by years of completing deals. The service is flexible and can be scaled up or down depending upon requirements.
Pricing is competitive and transparent. Cost indications are always provided in advance of incurring fees. Please do call us to discuss your transaction.
Why pick us to manage your corporate transaction
We are a specialist law firm operating a lean machine focused on SMEs and their investors. This means several things in practice:
- We have probably dealt with deals very similar to yours before. This gives us confidence which in turn delivers a robust style likely to achieve your goals.
- We act for large and smaller businesses. This means we know how the players operate. We are not intimidated by a glossy address and an over staffed team on the other side.
- Your deal will be run by a very experienced solicitor who will be your contact throughout. We do have juniors but they do the leg work in the background to fulfil the function of reducing your overall costs.
- Finally, but importantly, our style is to direct rather than advise. Our clients tell us that this level of support is just what they need as after all they are not paying us to duck important decisions.
The type of work we specialise in
If you are not sure if we can help please do give us a call to find out. We list below the main bread and butter work for us we get involved with.
- Business transactions. Years of experience helps us to keep you focused and on track.
- Structuring of MBOs working with either the management team or the shareholders leaving the business.
- Sales of all types of assets such as intellectual property by way of licence or full transfer of rights.
- Adoption of SPVs (special purpose vehicles) to undertake joint ventures.
- Implementation of demergers, spin offs and reconstructions of businesses. Projects start with a road map designed to minimise tax exposure which would otherwise arise on the transfer of shares.
- Negotiation of investment agreements on behalf of private investors or the business receiving investment. We do specialise in setting up tax efficient investments via SEIS/EIS.
We need to get you on track from the start. To do this we assess the transaction to get the handle needed to plan the strategy and map out for you the road to completion.
- We will identify the key commercial drivers at the start so we are prepared. Obstacles often disappear if we have considered them before the other side find out.
- We find out why the deal is important to the other side to play up your strengths.
- Ideally we have input at the heads of terms stage as they shape the future negotiations.
- If there is work to be done in the background we identify the areas early so there is time to make the improvements before the pressure of a deadline for completion starts to grow.
- We ever so nicely keep the pressure up where required.
What can possibly go wrong?