Business restructure legal advice
There are numerous reasons for taking action to restructure a business, some positive, some can be negative. Common reasons include :-
- possible insolvency – downturn in business or concerns about business solvency;
- strategic corporate restructure – deciding to ring fence assets or create a different company structure to mitigate risk such as a group company structure;
- tax considerations – you may be able to operate your business more tax efficiently;
- staff restructuring – employment related restructuring where you may decide to make some staff redundant or move to a more flexible business model;
- selling part of your business – a decision to sell only part of the business owned assets and not the entire business; or
- financial restructuring – taking the opportunity to refinance certain borrowings or seek private equity investment.
Whilst lawyers may not be the first professionals that spring to mind when thinking about any of the above types of restructuring, if you do proceed with any option, there will be legal issues considerations, advice and paperwork needed.
We work very closely with other professionals such as accountants and Insolvency Practitioners on many business restructure instructions but an added bonus you get by choosing Gannons is that we are able to give tax advice as well as legal advice.
As a commercial only law firm which advises many small and medium businesses we are experienced in the difficult decisions often involved with a business restructuring. Our services are expert but our fees are highly competitive compared to larger law firms in London.
If you need legal, commercial or tax advice on restructuring your business, please do get in touch.