Employment lawyers in London
Problems at work can spiral out of control. We find the employment law solution bearing in mind time, cost and risks. Working on both sides of the fence with both employers and employees we offer plenty of experience which is used for your benefit.
We are always happy to discuss your employment law requirements and provide a scope and fee estimate to pave a path for you. We look forward to speaking to you.
Reasons for picking us as your employment lawyer
- We are up-to-date and know what we are doing. Our specialism helps to keep your costs down.
- We offer more than just employment law. Our team has expertise in the related areas you may need, such as how to deal with shares and options held by employees, restrictive covenants and if the need arises litigation in the Employment Tribunal and other courts.
- We can meet you at short notice at our central London offices.
- We provide free seminars and training for HR and employers on the latest employment law practices.
Providing the right solution
The types of solutions we are able to offer include:
- We review the terms when you are thinking of taking a new job.
- And, we draft job offers and contracts for employers.
- We look at the additional obligations placed on directors and non-executive directors.
- Specialists in dealing with the assignment of intellectual property created before or during employment to the employer.
- Looking at what employers in the emerging gig economies need to be doing to protect their positions from not only employment law claims but also unplanned tax bills.
Dealing with the issues arising when employment is terminated for any reason.
- Helping employees negotiate and achieve the best outcome under their settlement agreements.
- Working with employers to draft the settlement agreement and offer sufficient compensation to ensure the employee signs, without offering too much of course.
There are a vast number of ways employees and directors can be provided with shares as an incentive.
- Reviewing share incentives offered to employees and directors. We explain what it all means and look for ways of improving the offer.
- Specialist corporate law expertise in dealing with director and employee minority shareholders.
- Working with employers to put the best type of share incentive in place. We look at EMI options, alternatives to EMI, unapproved options and tax issues when gifting shares.
- Looking at the corporate structure set out in the articles and shareholders agreement.
- Reviewing restrictive covenants for employees and directors before they start a new job. And, at the end of a job looking at will the restrictions be enforceable on a move to a new employer. We find in many cases that the restrictions are not enforceable as they are either badly drafted, out of date, too wide or not specific to your role.
- Working with employers to put in place restrictive covenants that will be effective when you need to rely upon them. Dealing with updating existing employment agreements to keep the restrictive covenants protective for the employer.
Termination of employment
- Managing the process of termination of employment, aiming for an amicable conclusion, which we do find in most cases.
- Representing employers and employees and directors in the Employment Tribunal.
Transfers of staff
- Analysing commercial risks for corporate transactions involving the transfer of employees under TUPE transfers.
- Helping employers with immigration law concerns, such as sponsorship licences and skilled workers wanting to work in the UK.
Get in touch with our employment solicitors – we are always happy to discuss any problems or concerns.