Intellectual Property Solicitors in London
Intellectual property is now a huge part of today’s fast moving digital economy. Clients who need IP lawyers typically expect their lawyers to be fast moving, proactive, flexible, creative and to spot commercial opportunities and risks. We’re exactly that type of law firm – dynamic, modern and forward thinking.
You can rely on us to protect your interests, plan ahead, get the right contracts and structures in place and where necessary, take action to defend your intellectual property.
IP lawyers specialist services and advice
Expertise and services include :-
- Anti-counterfeiting – to maintain awareness of ways in which others may be copying your products, services, software or designs and take action where commercially and/or legally advisable.
- Copyright advice.
- Database rights.
- Design Rights – protecting your designs and creations, whether artistic, technical, written or products.
- Confidential Information – we identify and legally protect your know how, trade secrets and confidential information in your dealings with employees and 3rd parties and in your contracts.
- Brand and reputation protection.
- IP aspects of corporate transactions – such as IP aspects of buying and selling of businesses or creating the right corporate structures to exploit or protect valuable IP.
- Raising finance – for a creation, invention or product via private equity or otherwise, ensuring that your interests are best protected going forward.
- IP contracts.
Protecting your intellectual property
Good intellectual property legal advice protects your vital assets, enhances the value of your business and makes it a more solid investment proposition should you need to raise finance. A key aspect of planning ahead when you have created something valuable is to ensure you have the right legal advice and protection in place as early as possible.
Internal and external threats you should protect against include :-
- Potential investors
- Agents and distributors
- Threats from different jurisdictions – your goods, designs, brand or services may be copied and used without you knowing.
Taking action based on IP infringement
- Injunction – vital to act quickly and decisively if you need this option.
- Cease and desist letter.
- Evidence – it can be difficult to obtain evidence and it’s essential to get evidence in the right, legal way.
- Strategy – the right strategy and protections go a long way to avoid or mitigate risk.
Information and reputation are part of your intellectual property
Even if you are not a business in the technology, media, design or industrial sector you still will have many vital intellectual property assets and risks. Just a few examples will include your trade secrets, confidential information and know how, your business website, social media accounts and ensuring your business, staff and suppliers comply with GDPR and data protection. We can protect you in all these areas, ensuring you have the right knowledge, understand the risks, have the right contracts and policies and can take appropriate action to protect your business where necessary.
Our lawyers provide a practical and cost effective option based on experience and legal expertise.
We advise businesses of all types, sizes and including start ups. Sectors where we offer highly specialised services include.
Get in contact to discuss how we can help and for information about our solicitors, to find out if we are a good match for your needs and of course what our fees are likely to be.