Commercial litigation solicitors
We identify the strengths and weaknesses of your position in your commercial dispute enabling you to plan the right strategy. Our lawyers always look for resolution as that is in your best interests but we do obtain results through court proceedings where necessary.
Please get in touch for an initial review on prospects of success. We provide fee estimates for each stage.
Solicitors to resolve business disputes
We have specialist commercial litigation solicitors with a proven track record in areas including :-
- Contract disputes and breach of contract claims;
- Debt recovery and insolvency;
- Shareholder and director disputes;
- Partnership disputes;
- IP disputes;
- Commercial fraud;
- Court Injunctions;
- Trademark, copyright and patent claims;
- Breach of warranty and misrepresentation claims;
- Corporate disputes including disputes relating to business purchases, Management Buy Outs or Buy Ins or earn outs;
- Joint venture disputes;
- Covid related business disputes such as breach of contract and failure to pay .
Commercial litigation strategy
A good strategy will take into account not just the law and the evidence but many other factors. The basics are:
- Strength of the evidence;
- Likely legal costs if you win or lose;
- Tactics and timing – in most cases there will be a strategic opportunity to reach a settlement. Understanding when that time is and having the right negotiation strategy and experience are crucial;
- Can the case be settled?
Go to court or ADR?
Usually, you will be best served to agree a commercial settlement with the opponent.
Before deciding to sue, you will need in many cases to check underlying contracts which may include clauses requiring some form of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) or mediation. The UK courts also in many situations require parties to try dispute resolution before formal court litigation. Tactics, timing and intelligent use of court and/or other dispute resolution processes generally not only save on costs but also bring finality to the dispute. Settlement can be reached at any time before or during the court litigation process. A good commercial litigation solicitor works to create the right conditions to encourage the opponent to want to settle.
Our recent experience and commercial dispute track record
Click the below links to read about some of our recent commercial litigation cases for clients :-
- Shareholder disputes recent experience
- IP disputes and how we resolve them for clients
- Recent contract dispute experience
- How mediation successfully worked for 1 of our clients
- Trade secrets injunction recent work
Get in touch to discuss your commercial dispute and to find out more about our experience, approach and how our commercial litigation solicitors can help.