We work with employers, directors and management of large companies solving problems arising on providing shares for employees. We also work with individual employees and directors to review the deal on offer and pinpoint how it could be improved.
Please do call us to see if we can help you.
Reasons for picking us to help you
- We provide independent advice on the range of issues which do arise. Often the company lawyers are conflicted when it comes to providing shares for employees or directors – we step in. We are discrete and have the experience you will need.
- We can look at all of the issues including issues for directors and investors.
Problems we solve:
- Regulatory concerns over the award and holding of shares by employees.
- Issues relating to the HMRC tax efficient share plans such as CSOP, SIPs and SAYE options.
- Review of the terms of Long Term Incentive Plans (LTIPs) for senior management.
- Queries around the UK employees of international businesses who have been provided with shares or options.
- Transferring ownership to employees under an employee share ownership trust (ESOT).
- The use of phantom options where share based awards for employees are not appropriate.
- Impact of share options.
- Should shares or options be provided to employees.
- Taxation of the grant, exercise or sale of shares held by employees who have not been UK tax resident for the full duration of the award.
Equity incentives for executives
We work with senior employees or directors offered the opportunity to invest pre IPO. Typically we look at the award of shares to directors and senior executives via growth shares or hurdle shares. Sometimes the company can qualify for EMI if the staff count is below 250 employees.