Our commercial property team can handle your property deals and management the broader commercial aspects and tax issues. We work with commercial landlords and tenants having over the years completed transactions of many shapes and sizes.
Fixed fee commercial lease lawyers
We offer a review for a commercial lease for prices starting from £950 plus VAT – the review will tell you where you stand and highlight any areas needing more work and why. For other commercial property transactions we are happy to provide a scope and an estimate. Please do get in touch.
Reasons to use us for your commercial property transaction
- We focus on transactions involving commercial property in or around London.
- We can deal with the entire structure from special purpose vehicles, joint ventures, shareholder agreements and commercial agreements for operating businesses operating in many sectors such as hospitality, development and retail.
- Our skills include tax advice and in particular stamp duty land tax expertise arising on purchases and internal re-organisations of groups holding property.
- We field a specialist team able to work within tight deadlines and always with a focus on solving problems and concluding the deal.
Leases are a crucial part of the day-to-day operations of a business. Whether you are creating or varying a lease or sub-lease it is important to consider what your rights and responsibilities are, not only as a landlord or tenant but as a director, shareholder, or investor stakeholder in the business.
Lease review – value added
Our input will help to avoid property disputes by providing a solid foundation. We will examine and tell you about such matters as:
- the extent of the premises and what is included and excluded;
- the duration of the lease;
- whether or not there is security of tenure or entitlement for a tenant to renew the lease;
- rights granted for the benefit of the premises (eg. access, service media) and rights which the premises must give to others;
- the rent and review of the rent;
- liability for service charges – a blank cheque – and for other outgoings;
- liability for the repair of the premises during the lease and after it;
- for what purposes may the premises be used (and whether that ties in with the user for which the premises have planning permission);
- for what is landlord’s consent required, such as fitting out works;
- whether the lease can be assigned to someone else and if so, on what terms;
- other restrictions such as the hours when the premises may or must be used;
- what is being provided by the landlord for the tenant.
Commercial property as part of a corporate transaction or deal
Our clients want to reduce risk and exposure in all aspects including commercial property. To reach final agreement there will be obstacles – we are aware of that from the start and guide you around problems before they become deal breakers. Our skills are not confined to property law. The complimentary skills needed to secure a good deal are on tap including but not limited to tax, dispute resolution, drafting and reviewing business sale agreements. If staff are transferring we will manage the TUPE consultations for you.
We do not deal with domestic conveyancing but can put you in touch with great solicitors who do. The reason being for us it is a matter of staying focused. Experience tells us that ultimately focus delivers a better service at lower cost.
If you are thinking about taking out a lease, investing in property or re-organising your business that owns property come and speak to us. We are happy to provide an initial scope and fee estimate. You can reach us on 0207 438 1060.