The data security comes into every business. The problems we solve revolve around two core worries for businesses: how to make data secure and what to do if there has been a theft or failure to secure data safely. Businesses are answerable to customers, employees and regulators such as the ICO. If the data has not been assessed and controlled they will not be able to answer the questions needed to protect themselves. Data security is in the public eye with employers vicariously liable for data theft by their employees.
We work with businesses whose service and or internal operations include data security obligations such as:
- Managing the workforce;
- Digital marketing;
- Computer forensics;
- Providers of due diligence reporting;
- Financial services such as hedge funds and IFAs who often hold very personal data about their customers.
Data security problems we look at typically revolve around:
- Assessment of the information that needs to be protected and how to go about that;
- Management of data provided by third parties under supply chains;
- Assessment of activities that escape regulation by authorities such as the ICO;
- Review of commercial contracts to minimise exposure to unplanned liabilities;
- Evidence trail needed to demonstrate compliance with data security requirements in the UK;
- Support for businesses on issues such as employment law and how to handle personal data relating to employees;
- Management of how to handle a theft of data and brand reputation;
- Limiting the disclosure of evidence required to satisfy a data access request.