Our financial services expertise breaks down into:
- Helping SMEs who provide the technologies which support the financial services sector; and
- Working with employees and directors from the financial services sector.
SMEs supporting the financial services sector
We work with businesses operating within the financial services and in particular the emerging Fintech sector. Many of our clients came to us as start ups founded by entrepreneurs. Technology is at the centre of the financial system.
- Establishing the extent of regulatory compliance required for the offering and solving the problems around the requirements of the Financial Conduct Authority
- Data protection and data mining
- Setting up joint ventures often between developers of the technology backed by financiers and marketers
- Investment rounds
- Looking after the concepts and technology used by the financial services businesses to keep it safe from competitors
- Blockchain and framework agreements for the procurement and outsourcing of technology
How we work within financial services for employees and directors
Our unique expertise revolves around working with highly paid personnel where the stakes are high. We are familiar with dealing with the in-house departments of banks, hedge funds, insurance companies and other businesses operating within the financial services.
- Negotiation of settlement agreements
- Regulatory references
- Bonuses including deferred awards payable in cash or equity
- Carried interest arrangements
- Restrictive covenants and confidentiality – the meaning in practice
Our Financial Services Team