Partnerships and LLPs are still the preferred corporate structures for many professional service businesses. But, the laws relating to how partnerships are governed are not the same as those applying to limited companies. Our expertise in the law of partnership and the practical implications sits along with our commercial expertise and familiarity in dealing with the personal issues creates a strong specialist offering.
We solve problems for professional partnerships and LLPs, as well as individual partners and corporate members. Our expertise spans across the full range of professional services such as financial services, legal and accountancy, architecture, surveying, medical, veterinary, hedge funds, and management consultants practices.
We do work with professional services provided via on-line platforms and can blend traditional models with the new emerging businesses operating on-line.
Typical problems within professional services we solve:
- How to tackle the rise in sex discrimination claims including equal pay arguments whilst preserving reputations;
- How to avoid issues with partners relating to restrictive covenants, keeping partners out of the office, notice periods and protection of confidential information;
- Plotting the path for resolving partnership disputes including those arising from breach of the partnership, profit share allocations, under-performance issues, dishonesty and fraud;
- Managing partner exits for a host of reasons and the concluding partnership settlement agreements; and
- Joint ventures and alternative business structures.