I am an associate in the company-commercial team.
Particular practice areas relating to tax on commercial transactions includes:
- Re-organisations and business re-structures – I deal with how to achieve the best structure to achieve commercial goals. Specialist tax expertise covers income tax, capital gains tax, stamp duty and tax on dividends.
- Taxation issues for corporate transactions – I deal with obtaining tax clearances from HMRC and making sure the paper work delivers the desired structure and end result.
- Tax indemnities and warranties attaching to share acquisitions, share swaps, share buy backs and asset transfers.
- Negotiation with HMRC on tax disputes
Particular expertise relating to my commercial practice includes:
- Share and asset acquisitions and disposals
- General advisory and transactional work relating to corporate businesses:
- business structures for shareholders and partners
- tailor made articles of association for new ventures and joint ventures.
- Commercial contracts:
- Customer and supplier agreements for goods and services
- Franchise distribution and agency agreements
- IP contracts and licences
- e-commerce and internet related agreements
- confidentiality, data protection and privacy matters
- consultancy agreements
Why I love my job
I enjoy advising and working with business enterprises from a wide variety of sectors and being part of their fascinating journey, sometimes from the very first stage of getting established through to a successful exit. It is the characters that make the job so interesting.