Corporate tax solicitors in London
If you are looking for a law firm who can combine the practicalities of legal documentation, tax and your compliance as a seamless service we could be the fit. It is taken as read we know the law and can produce clear documents but the extra layer of skill over and above the average is we can also handle tax compliance and any planning needed to put your affairs into the best state to avoid HMRC challenge.
Catherine Gannons, our Head of Tax Law trained as an accountant before qualifying as a lawyer and she worked in 1 of the UK’s biggest internal law firms for some years before starting Gannons. So, you can be assured that Catherine knows what she is doing and applies commercial and tax consideration, as we ll as legal, when advising clients.
We always explore with clients the best and most cost efficient solution for our legal fees for our tax law advice. We are always open to agreeing fixed fees rather than hourly rates whenever possible.
Benefits of working with us
We are a specialist law firm with a strong tax capability made up of solicitors, members of the Chartered Institute for Taxation and the Chartered Institute of Accountants.
- Many of our clients are referred to us by their accountants for work such as reorganisations and share buy backs as the accountants know this is a specialist area where it is easy to go wrong if not on familiar territory.
- Our focus is on private companies, their directors and shareholders.
- The ability of looking at the financial aspects and accounts is a benefit for getting businesses into shape good shape and ready for eventual sale.
- Our international legal and tax connections – in today’s worldwide economy many contracts and transactions have international parties and cross border considerations. Our active membership of international legal networks means we are an excellent choice for businesses and entrepreneurs who don’t enjoy working with the biggest law firms or paying their hourly rates
Tax Lawyers – our specialist services
Below are some of the common instructions our tax solicitors work on :-
- tax advice for shareholders
- tax compliance
- tax liabilities
- tax mitigation
- tax disputes
- tax aspects of corporate reconstructions and demergers
- tax schemes of all types
- property tax
- efficient group company tax structures
- international tax
If you like what you’ve read and discovered about us, pick up the phone or email us for a chat about how we can help.