Working out how to integrate expertise to produce results for clients is what I do. I am fascinated by the motives of those prepared to take a risk which any business is. My role is to run a firm which calculates and confines risk.
I am not as grand as to have forgotten that Gannons was a start up once upon a time.
After qualifying in the accountancy profession as a Chartered Tax Advisor (CTA), I qualified as a solicitor and gained experience at a major US international law firm before establishing Gannons. With a tax and accountancy as well as a legal background, we offer the rare ability to put the numbers into our solutions.
Particular practice areas relating to tax include:
- Re-organisations and business re-structures
- Taxation issues for corporate transactions
- Tax indemnities and warranties
- Negotiation with HMRC on tax disputes
- A growing practice area – tax litigation
- Chartered Tax Advisor
- Catherine is a regular speaker for the Chartered Institute of Taxation on latest tax and company law developments.
- Catherine is also a committee member for the charity Noah’s Ark Children’s Hospice
I am a regular commentator on the legal world and its challenges.
Why I love my job
I give back to the economy via job creation, training and taxes. It feels good to know I am actively contributing to Brand GB. I have learnt much along the way and have been very privileged in working with some industry greats. I pass their knowledge passed to me onto my team who pass it onto our clients – another great feeling. What is there not to like?