Company director legal advice
It is usually only when things have or are about to go wrong that anybody thinks about the role of the director. And the director thinks about the repercussions. At that stage directors often discover there is financial risk and claims for them personally.
Please do call us to discuss your query. We always scope matters and provide cost estimates.
Reasons for picking us to work with
- We have a team that can handle all aspects from drafting and review of the director service agreement through to dealing with risk for directors.
- Our skills include seeking or defending injunctions, tracing assets, and resolving shareholder disputes.
- Managing investigations into allegations is an area of increasingly importance we will manage for you.
Directors in trouble
Legal risks for company directors come in various and growing ways:
- Misuse of restrictive covenants, trade secrets and intellectual property
- Financial irregularity
- Inappropriate conduct such as sexual harrassment
Insolvency has also become a much bigger risk for directors. Not only is there the risks of personal liability, wrongful trading and disqualification, the Insolvency Service is now actively investigating directors, having stepped up its surveillance and investigations. Administrators are required to make a report.
The key question to ask is: can you justify your decision? We act as a sounding board.
Internal Investigations – how lawyers can help directors
A director is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the company – they represent the shareholders. But they are often also employees themselves. What is certain is that allegations have to be taken seriously in the modern world. Damage limitation in the modern world where damaging comments can spread so easily is an emerging critical area for both directors and the businesses. We will give you a steer.
- Who is accountable for fraudulent activity?
- What protections are available for whistleblowers and are they different for directors?
- What is the standard expected of regulators such as the FCA?
If you are a company director and need specialist, cost effective solicitors we can help – please do get in contact.