As a small yet dynamic firm of solicitors, we are an excellent choice for small business clients for a number of reasons. These include :-
- we are small yet agile and our lawyers are experts capable of dealing with highly complex contracts, transactions or disputes even where another party is represented by a very big law firm.
- our size of law firm means we offer highly personalised service bespoke for each client. Every client is important to us.
- We understand how small businesses operate, the demands on resources and attitude to risk and reward. Legal advice needed and business issues faced are not the same as for big businesses.
- our fee structures are flexible and highly competitive compared to larger law firms yet our lawyers are high calibre, almost all having experience in the biggest law firms before coming to Gannons.
- small businesses make up by far the largest group of UK business. We support directors, shareholders and investors in SMEs. Guidance is given every stage of your journey from getting established, investment, expansion through to exit.
Understanding and anticipating opportunities and problems is the key to the solutions we find for small business clients. Please do get in contact.
Legal services for SMEs
We know that within SMEs business models and cultures vary dramatically and the problems they need to solve match. Our strength is our extensive experience in helping to manage private companies and SMEs which gives us the ability to understand your business and it’s closeness with your life.
We draw on our own start up success. We offer the skills private companies and SMEs most often need on issues relating to employment law, business contracts, providing shares to employees, tax, and technology.
We are flexible on how we work and are always here when you need us. Common instructions we receive are :-
- Commercial contracts for small business;
- To find ways to look after the shareholdings for different interest groups such as founders, investors and employee shareholders;
- Management of the workforce;
- Corporate restructuring and re-financing, negotiations and agreement review;
- Handling investors and securing SEIS and EIS tax reliefs;
- Managing corporate transactions such as disposals, purchases and management buyouts;
- Agreeing business valuations for commercial and tax purposes;
- Maximising chances of securing entrepreneurs’ relief.
- Finding the solution to shareholder and partnership disputes. We are usually successful in avoiding litigation.